Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Water is Our Body's More Important Resource

People are dehydrated. Did you know that over 70% of americans are dehydrated? It is scary. People eat more than drink water. American culture is very food oriented and people drink soda, juices, milk when they are thirsty. Wrong move.

What water is important? Until I went on the detox diet and started drinking a lot of water and eliminating all sodas, even diet sodas, regular coffee and tea, I did not realize how much my body needed water. I was dehydrated and miserable. Tired and sleepy. I was drinking a pot of coffee a day! Yes a day to be awake and to chase after my kids and run my business, until one day i decided to change my health. Bad habits can become a part of your life so the good habits can be a part of your life as well.

Interesting fact that one glass of water can stop night hunger for all the dieters, according to university of Washington study.

The medical research is powerful and it shows that 5-6 glasses of water a day decreases the risk of colon cancer by 44% plus reduce the breast cancer risk by 80%. That is powerful guys. It is water. That is all.

For the body to function in harmony it must be hydrated well. The qualities of water determine our health quality. Water changes body temperature and helps all organs to function normally, especially digestive tract. By doing that, it removes all toxins from body.

70-80% in our body is water:

1. our body is made up of 60-75% of water
2. The brain is made up of 85% of water.
3. Our blood is about 91% water
4. Our brain is about 80% water

I was not drinking water, I never was thirsty much but when I forced myself basicly to drink water I was getting more thirsty. We must drink water every hour to prevent dehydration. If we are too thirsty then we really get dehydrated and it reflects on our skin, sleep paterns and mood. I experienced all the skin problems, sleep problems and even mood swings, so from my personal experience drinking water became the powerful element in the healthy diet.

We must listen to our bodies and watch our body and it will tell us when you need water. Kangen water for example is very hydrating water due to the fact it has smallest clusters of water molecules and they get into the system faster than any other drinks out there.

No comments: